I'm not really far from being 18 but I have grown up a lot since then so
I could probably give my younger self a tad of advice. Actually, I could give my younger
self a TON of advice.
- Don't date that boy honey, if his parents don't love you, it won't work out. He also
lives in Georgia. You.are.insane.
- Listen to your parents, they actually do know what they're talking about.. and
don't sneak into rated R movies because they'll always find out.
- Don't smoke that cigarette.
- Being spontaneous is a good quality but probably not the best idea when you're looking
for a college. You'll love Ball State, but maybe put a little more thought into it?
- Don't eat tuna every day for lunch, it's not healthy for you.
- You are special and different from every single girl you will ever encounter, don't
brag about it please, cherish it, and don't let anyone tell you differently.
- You will be a leader one day, start practicing.
- Sing at church more, people love to hear you sing, and it makes your parents proud.
- Thank you for not drinking.
- Don't reconsider being the captain of the varsity boys basketball team, it will
be the most fun you've ever had, even if all the girls call you bad names. p.s. they make
it to the state championship game.
- You're wearing way too much make up.
- Your dad, he's not going to make it pretty girl. Be nice to your friends even though your life
is really sucking right now, you'll need them later. Spend every waking minute you can
with him. It might upset some people, but they'll understand.
Those are just a few things I'd let myself know.
What would you tell yourself?
School is starting, buy your books and get yo hair cut!
To all my Faithful Readers:
Here is a small peek inside my brain. Enjoy.