1. Own and keep alive 5 house plants (1 out of 5)
- I did it, after hours and hours and numerous trips to the store, I bought a plant. Can you believe that picking out a plant stressed me out? Gah, I need help. I felt really helpless because I didn't know what kind to get or what in the heck I was looking for. I settled with a simple bamboo plant. The easiest plant in the world to take care of. Why not start easy?
2. Sign the lease for my dream apartment. Click here to see pictures! (COMPLETE!)
3. Attend church regularly (COMPLETE!)
4. Find a part time job (COMPLETE!)
- I got a job! Cleaning house for a single dad! Starting rate: $10/hr. He said that will go up quickly. First day of work and he already bumped me up an additional $2 an hour!
5. Make my resume (COMPLETE!)
6. Turn in my resume for my internship at Exodus Refugee in Indianapolis (COMPLETE!)
- Fingers crossed they accept my application!
7. Help plan my sister-in-laws baby shower (COMPLETE!)
8. Do something out of the ordinarily nice for 20 people (pay for their meal, carry out their groceries, give a flower, etc.) (16 out of 20)
- After I dropped Brian off for class I saw one of his friends walking to campus. I picked him up and took him to class, after dropping him (Nick) off, I made a few more rounds and picked up random students and took them to their classes.
- I helped my neighbor get her car unstuck, it was buried in ice!
- Helped another neighbor push out her car.
- A girl in my HIST 150 class emailed all of us said she had been sick the past few weeks and was flown to Boston to receive treatment. She asked us for the notes, I sent them to her, and I hate emails when people ask for notes. :) I sure hope
she is feeling better!!
- We had a young man come to the door tonight (02/12) and talked to us about this program that Ball State runs for disadvantaged young boys to play sports and such. He told us he was hoping to get into Ball State. He said if we donated we could have some candy. My grandma had just sent me a Valentines Day card today with $5 inside. It was all the cash I had, so I gave it to him and didn't take any candy. I hope all your wildest dreams come true kid!
- An old friend of mine sent me a message on facebook telling me how thankful he was the he met me. This is a snip-it from his message: " Nothing holds you down, you may not have knowingly done it, but you made me want to do more with my life. So with your 21 before 21 list you can mark down another good deed you have done for someone out of the ordinary! Here ya go friend, I marked it on my list! And thank you, I think you helped me more than I helped you. :)
- Hosted a fondue party for the Ultimate girls. It was so fun!
- Attending a Zumbathon to help raise money for one of my best friends going to Haiti!
- Donated some clothes to Goodwill.
- Sent off some books through Book Mooch.
- Held a girl's bag while on the train in Chicago.
- There was a puppy running around on Brian's street and I found his owner. He was SO cute. I wish I would have gotten a picture. I think he was just a black lab but he was so rambunctious and adorable!
- Sent out my HIST 150 notes to another girl in need!
- Donated some money to a charity that my friend is working for in Liberia, it was her birthday wish to raise $500 for them. You go girl!
- Cleaned up my boyfriends house while his roommates were away at an Ultimate Tournament
- Drove my boyfriend to work this morning so he didn't have to ride his bike in the thunderstorm.
9. Avoid getting down at all times (COMPLETE!)
- This one was really hard! But I did it! Each time something happened I just told myself over and over 'it could be worse, it could be worse.'
10. Buy something from a flea market for my new apartment.
- My mom said to wait until I got my apartment before I started buying things for it. I agree with her. :)
11. Make some street art
12. Attend 15 yoga classes (1 out of 15)
13. Not skip any class (COMPLETE!)
14. Quit making negative assumptions
15. Conjure 10 new dishes from one of my untouched cookbooks (8 out of 10)
- Brian dubbed valentines day weekend the
weekend to make some yummy meals! Meal 1 was a
delicious Apricot Pork Tenderloin. YUM! Of course,
I made him touch all the gross meat and stuff but
I still contributed!
- Brian got me a fondue pot for Christmas and we
used it for the first time tonight! We made some
garlic cheese and had some bread, carrots, and apple (Yes, apple, its DELICIOUS!) to dip into the cheese. So good!
- Next up, Margarita Pork Chops! This recipe called for some Tequila as well as jalapeno. Aside from the crazy ingredients, it was so scrumptious!
- I hosted my very first party on Friday (02/18), it was a fondue party! We had cheese and chocolate. The cheese I made was the same one I made before so it didn't count as a new meal. BUT, I successfully made chocolate fondue! I didn't get a picture, it was gone that quickly! :) It was delicious, could have rivaled The Melting Pot, no doubt in my mind. ;)
- Apple baked chicken. I made this one up on my own and it was so yummy!
- Lemon Zest Whiting. Sadly, this one didn't taste so great. I have never had whiting and I really didn't like it too much. I'll stick with the Tilapia and Salmon.
- Tangy Ranch Chicken. This one was from the back of a French's Mustard bottle. I put the chicken on some bread with sliced cucumbers. Yum Yum Yum!
- Garlic Shrimp and pasta. I absolutely love shrimp and I eat it all the time. I usually make the same thing every time, Asian style shrimp. I decided to try something new. Just some shrimp, butter, garlic cloves, and lemon juice and wala!
16. Take at least 20 bubble baths (COMPLETE!) <-- Bubble baths are addicting! I don't mind one bit.
17. Watch less than 1 hour of T.V. a day (unless it's a movie) (COMPLETE!)
- I think I only watched 1 movie the past couple months and I hadn't watched T.V. until today (04/04) in 2 weeks! I'm pretty proud of myself on this one. :D
18. Make 3 new friends. (COMPLETE!)
- I have had a bunch of classes with this girl and we've finally started hanging out and working out together. She's also my neighbor in my current apartment. :)
- I play ultimate with this girl and she is a girlfriend to a guy who lives with Brian (my boyfriend). For some reason we never hung out. She came to the party last night and we're headed to church tomorrow (02/20) and working out after!
- Met a kid by accident/random we're officially pen-pals. Yeah, we're in college, NBD.
19. Cut out the gossip (Well, I got a lot better)
- I didn't cut this cold turkey. I feel that I got so much better though! I think it would be near impossible to do this is such a short amount of time but I'm going to keep going until I accomplish this goal.
20. Remember that someone else always has it worse than I do (COMPLETE!)
21. Start planning my world adventure (COMPLETE!)