Left for Richmond, IN this morning around 8AM.
We stopped at beautiful temple on the way home.
It was seriously breathtaking. I'll put my pictures up later but
if you click on the link you can see some for yourself.
4 1/2 hour drive later and we are here. Ahh, time to relax for a bit before
we leave again in the morning. We're headed to Louisville to watch Brian's
brother, Matthew, in a bike race.
To conclude our Chicago trip I'll let you in on a few of our successes.
1. Spending less that $250 total
2. Couch surfing for the first time
3. Sneaking up to the top of the Hancock building for free
4. Fist bumping with strangers
5. Convincing a girl that she could let me hold her bag on the train because it
looked really heavy and she didn't have a seat
6. Finding a 6 foot tall hookah
7. Only filling up my tank 2 times
8. Not eating a single time at a place that I had heard of before
8. Realizing that traveling is what I want to do for the rest of my life
I STILL don't have internet access for my laptop so I can't put pictures up yet.
Hopefully the hotel will have wireless so I can put up some more pictures.
Thanks for keeping up with me!
I think I'm headed out to my first bar tonight in Richmond. Apparently they don't
card here so I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell, Richmond is a pretty
I successfully snuck into my very first bar.
What an experience. It was a complete hole in the wall, but fun nonetheless.
Of course it was filled with smoke and beer breath, but I had fun just talking
and laughing with new and old friends from Earlham. Some random girl sat
down next to me and asked me whether or not she should go on spring break
where her ex-boyfriend and his current girlfriend would be going in her group
or staying in Richmond and working on her thesis. We gabbed and had girl
talk about the situation and ended up never making a solid decision
as to what she would be doing for her spring break, typical.
All in all, it was a blast. Besides my hair spelling awful and my lungs struggling
for fresh, clean air, I would do it all over again.
The plans are underway for me and Brian's next big adventure, Chicago!