What I mainly do on Pinterest is plan my (used to be) imaginary wedding and look at food. I realized that I can't complete any crafts from Pinterest if I do not actually look at them. Who would have imagined that? The first 'craft' I did was not a craft at all.. I washed clothes. Wowza, if that's what I consider a craft.. then *insert something witty here*. Sorry, couldn't think of anything funny.
As hot as it's been lately, my man candy, BHW, has been sweating. A LOT. It's gotten to the point where even he notices he's sweating, and he is so oblivious to everything that he moved next to a train track because he knew he wouldn't be able to hear the trains. So, his sweatiness has gotten out of hand. As a result, his shirts are utterly disgusting. He works for Habitat for Humanity by building houses (so much respect for him!) so he puts in a hard days work.. no wonder he's gross! I thought as a nice little gift, I spruce up all this work/play shirts so he didn't have to look like a middle school gym rat all the time.
This 'recipe' was found at this website.. through Pinterest. The process is fairly easy and this concoction works on lots of different stains, even stains of which I don't know the source!! (note USA tank top below) Just follow these instructions EXACTLY, or else the shirt will catch on fire, and you'll be A-OK!
WARNING: If you use on colors.. it kind of fades a little. I used it on the arm pits (sorry RJR I know you HATE that word) of a light blue shirt and once dried, you could see where I put the miracle mixture. It was hardly noticeable but it was there.
- 1 part Dawn original dish soap (the blue stuff)
- 2 parts hydrogen peroxide (for some reason reminds me of my Granny's house)
- 1/2 part baking soda
- mix into bowl or container with lid so you can save it and use it again and again!
- pour a small amount directly on the stain
- scrub until you think 'this is dumb, i'm bored' which was about 1 minute for me
- let sit and go watch an episode of your favorite show (preferably one that's 60 minutes long)
- throw in the washer and wash as usual
My first craft from Pinterest to bring in the new year! Before any of my family members freak out..
yes, this involves alcohol. It's my best friends 21st birthdays (they're twins) and I wanted to bring them a little treat! No, I'm not an alcoholic. No, I didn't drop out of college. No, I don't do drugs. I am 21 though.. so I'm allowed to drink every now and then. :)
Now, without further ado, vodka infused gummy bears and worms!
1) purchase vodka (any flavor preference!) I got pink lemonade and gummy bears or worms!
2) Put the gummy bears into a large bowl
3) Pour in vodka so that it just comes over the gummy bears.
4) Just like this.
5) Cover and place in the fridge for 3-5 days.
The end result: well, that was interesting.. the trick to eating these is DO NOT CHEW!
They're very hard to chew, and after about 6 chews it really starts to taste gross.
So, just swallow em' whole and enjoy. I had about 2 and then was done. They looked cute though!
Four more crafts to go!